At RS Law, Attorneys at Law, we focus on in personal injury cases in Kansas City and surrounding areas including Independence, Lee’s Summit, and Blue Springs. If you have been injured by someone else’s careless, negligent, or reckless behavior, call us for the best legal representation. At a time like this, your rights need to be protected. The attorneys at RS Law will make sure you receive fair compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, physical and emotional damages, and anything else you may have lost as a result of your injuries. Do not make any statements to the insurance company. If you have been in an accident, seek the advice of an attorney immediately. Time is of the essence in most personal injury cases, so call us as soon as possible. We will protect you from the insurance companies and make sure you are compensated in a way that is fair. We offer free case evaluations, so call us today.
- Lee’s Summit Personal Injury Lawyers
- Independence Personal Injury Lawyers
- Blue Springs Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Attorneys Who Care Enough to Make House Calls
At RS Law, we make house calls to injured parties. This is important because sometimes an injured person has been rendered immobile, can’t drive, or perhaps is medicated. Because it’s important to obtain the facts while they are fresh, and to stop the insurance companies from exploiting a recently injured person, contacting an attorney right away can protect a person’s rights. We will come to you to hear the complete story and get the facts while they are fresh in your mind.
We Cover These Personal Injury Cases
Personal Injury Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t Try to Handle Your Own Claim – Insurance companies train their claims representatives to pay out as little as possible to compensate a person for their injuries, and to pay for their treatment. It is never advisable to handle your own injury claim. Every call and conversation with the insurance company can be recorded and used against a person in their claim for medical and monetary damages. We work with medical , life care, and economic professionals to make sure you receive the treatment you need, and to assess what your current and future damages may be.
- Do Get Treatment as Soon as Possible after an Accident – It is never advisable to forego treatment after an accident. Even if you don’t sense eminent pain, a person in an accident should always seek treatment immediately. The sudden jarring, shaking, slamming, etc… is usually so fast, that a victim involved in the incident rarely can assess the seriousness of the effects of such trauma without a closer look by a medical professional. Injured persons can suffer long-term physical consequences from not seeking the treatment that they need to be made whole from an accident. Our firm has seen multiple cases where a person avoids treatment in the beginning only to wish they had sought treatment later when the after effects of an injury come to light, sometimes weeks later. The severity of an injury is often difficult to detect early on and can flare up days, months, even years after an accident. For this reason, early diagnosis of an injury by a medical professional is important. Doing so can prevent insurance companies from arguing that intervening circumstances caused the injuries.
- Don’t Speak to an Insurance Claims Representative – This is important because insurance companies will exploit any facts they perceive will help them to justify paying an injured person less, while conveniently forgetting to bring up facts that help an injured person collect more. Our firm is experienced in dealing with insurance companies and their attorneys. We protect your rights by stopping them from contacting you and managing all communication with the insurance company.
- Our Lawyers Will Fight for Maximum Compensation in Personal Injury Cases If you are injured in an accident, you have a right to monetary compensation for the pain and suffering that you experience as a result of your injuries. Often an accident can be a traumatic experience, causing prolonged physical and emotional distress beyond the medical treatment. If necessary, our experienced attorneys will take your claim to court, where a trial in front of a jury may be the only way to keep insurance companies honest and make sure your rights are protected.
- Pain & Suffering Compensation – You can be compensated for loss of work for recovery time and even for time lost for treatment at medical facilities. Mileage to and from treatment facilities is also compensable. Examples of pain and suffering: loss of enjoyment of life (interruption of normal life activities), inability to perform normal work, home, and recreational duties, dizziness, irritability, headaches, weakness, flashbacks, nightmares, loss of sleep.
- Recklessness or Malice Compensation – to an injured person can be multiplied if, rather than by mere negligence, a person is injured by a person because they acted with recklessness, or malice. Examples of this are: road rage, driving under the influence, texting and driving, driving with a suspended license, underage driving, etc.
- Bad Faith Claims Compensation – Compensation can be multiplied if early on in a claim, an insurance company refuses to settle for their policy limit, when the claim is later found to be worth equal to or more than the policy limit.
If you live in Kansas City or in the Independence, Lee’s Summit or Blue Springs areas, and you need help with a personal injury matter, call RS Law, Attorneys at Law. We make the complicated, less complicated.