Health Insurance Missouri 2017-09-07T01:56:24+00:00


Health insurance will pay for medical costs regardless if the injuries were the result of an accident that is the fault of another person.  If you have been injured in an accident that is the fault of another person you need to get immediate medical attention.  If you have health insurance, provide your health insurance information to the medical providers and make arrangements to pay your deductible and copay.

Personal injury claims do not settle fast enough to pay your medical providers directly.    Ultimately the insurance company that provides liability coverage for the person responsible for the accident should settle with you and reimburse you for the cost of your medical bills and much much more upon making a successful claim and/or lawsuit.

Call NOW  816 287-8080

We Answer the Phone 24/7

Health insurance companies contract with medical providers to pay a certain percentage of a certain fixed amount for each type of charge.  For instance, a hospital’s normal cost for a cat scan may be $2500.  Your health insurance company may contract with that hospital to cap the total payment due for the cat scan at $1000.  The $1500 difference is written off by the hospital, discounted.   You have paid the insurance premium for health insurance coverage and should be entitled to its benefits regardless of how you were injured.  Health insurance should be submitted to every medical provider that is treating you for your injuries that were the result of an accident that was the fault of another person.

If a medical provider insists that they bill the insurance of the responsible party directly without submitting it to your health insurance, please report this to RS Law for review.

If you do not have health insurance or you need treatment from a medical provider that is not in the insurance company’s network, RS Law may have options to help you obtain treatment for your injuries.

It is also important to note that some health insurance companies are legally entitled to be reimbursed for claims they have paid on your behalf that was the result of the negligence of another person.  This is called subrogation.  RS Law has experience working with health insurance providers and can cut the red tape associated with health insurance and personal injury claims.  Call today for a free consultation.