Commercial motor vehicles are operated by drivers with specialized training, education and formalized instruction. Truck drivers also possess a specialized license to allow for the operation of the truck. The driver is required to have certain knowledge, experience and training that is over and beyond that of a standard operator of a motor vehicle. So not only would you have a claim against the driver of the vehicle but also against the trucking company for their responsibility in the hiring and/or training of the driver of the truck.
Know that the insurance company representing the commercial vehicle will try to blame you, the driver of the passenger vehicle. It is well known that large trucks have limitations when it comes to quickly responding to the actions of the other drivers on the highway. So if the passenger vehicle does any of the following, it will be used to defend the actions of the truck driver. Such as:
So if the passenger vehicle does any of the following, it will be used to defend the actions of the truck driver. Such as:
- driving in “no-zones” which are the areas behind and beside a commercial truck where the driver has zero or limited visibility
- driving inattentively
- Changing lanes abruptly in front of the truck
- driving over the speed limit
- Passing a truck on the right while the truck is making a right turn
- turning left in front of an approaching truck to “beat” the truck
- unsafe passing
- passing a truck and finding themselves out of control by air turbulence or cross-wind
- pulling into moving traffic without accelerating sufficiently to remain in front of an oncoming truck
Trucking companies are only required to maintain many of their records for a limited amount of time and it is very important to take action immediately if you have been a victim of a commercial vehicle accident.
RS Law has the experience necessary to handle your commercial vehicle personal injury or wrongful death case and we will use to legal system to force the insurance company and all responsible to compensate you for your injuries or your loss.